Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

little Jupiter and moons

mpeniak

Just a quickie from my backyard. 1000 frames for planet and 200 for the moons. I just used my scope without any barlows to show the moons all in one image. Was gonna take a close up but clouds were faster :D

Martin :)

1141_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice image Martin,

How do you manage to stay awake! I can usually feel my bed calling at about 10pm!!!!

Jonathen

haha... I work nights and therefore I feel bed calling at about 4pm.

BTW: This jupiter image was taken 21:30 :)

Martin :D

Are you focusing by eye and touch or using a mechanical aid ?- serious question ! I've just posted my very first attempts at imaging (stargazrs), so don't laugh ! It's really hard, I can't decide if the poor quality is down to atmos,thermal currents, poor focusing(partly mine /partly draw tube etc). I know i hadn't left the scope to cool down enough, but felt it was about time I posted something !.

The big plus is the fact I've improved on centring the subject onto the chip.

take a look if you want. Still love that shot though Martin !! :D

Karlo

Are you focusing by eye and touch or using a mechanical aid ?

Thanks Karlo, I just focus by eye. I hook toucam to pc and enlarge the image on screen and focus as well as I can.

Seen you images and to be honest I am not quite sure what could be the cause. Jupiter is very low and I think it descends rapidly after around 21:00 so maybe you might want to take some avis before it's very low. Another thing you might try is to play with setting of your toucam till you get reasonable brightness ( not too bright and not too dark). Often I got very bad results if the setting very not just as they should be.

Also sometimes overexposing Jupiter helps getting good focus as you can clearly see how the planet goes out of focus and when it's focused well.

Hope any of this info helps.

Martin :D

Thanks for that Martin, I'm hoping that the bulk of the problem is atmos, these were taken quite late and certainly descending fast, as I say I'm most pleased about honing skills in centring. I'll keep trying whilst I can.

Cheers Karlo

Archived