Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Logitech E1000 webcam - £2.49

Shure

Hi

Thanks for heads up.

Quick google suggests that it has standard lens thread that will take an eyepiece adaptor.

Given how rare phillips webcams are becoming (and the price of them), gotta be worth a punt at £2.49 ??

Seen some not bad lunar results with this one, think I may put an order in ?

Cheers

Neil

One question ... why? :)

Well if I get round to it, I'd like to teach some of the members of my astronomy club a bit of registax (not that I'm an expert mind)

So if a £2.49 webcam is any good it might encourage some of the members to have a go for a small outlay ?

PLUS I'm a sucker when it comes to bargains........but that last comment might come back to haunt me ?? :embarrassed:

Neil

I'm really not sure if it is any good for some simple pics or what the quality may be like?

Only noticed it was compatible with the eyepiece adapter and a cheap option for people that may want to dabble...

Logitech QUICKCAM E1000 - 1.3 million pixels Quality VGA (640x480) CMOS webcam better off with an xbox cam

Didn't realise these were so cheap. For £3.99 it does look like the better option!

• 3 weeks later...

Got it, (finally). Many circumstances meant today was the day I picked it up. Turns out it was only compatible with Windows XP and Vista (I have a Mac), but no worries, I downloaded a driver for it, and it now works. Picture quality is quite good (better than my mobile phone), and hopefully soon I should be able to get some simple up to the EP type pictures (I'm not expecting Hubble ;)).

Archived