Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lagoon Nebula

Quatermass

Managed to get away in the car to the back roads of Suffolk, after baby sitting duty's. At 1am had a late night session on the Lagoon Nebula in the rich and wonderful constellation of Sagittarius. Having concentrated on the Trifid nebula which is just above it for several nights, this made a nice change.

56 subs at 80 sec ISO 800 with 60 darks flats and bias shots from my stock supply.

Skywatcher 200p- EQ5 mount- Canon 350d modded- unguided

Stacked in deep sky stacker and processed in Photoshop.

Lagoon%2520nebula%2520master%2520image%2520copy_filtered.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful image Mark :) You did a lot better than me last night :D I spent over an hour trying to get my scope pointing in the right direction :D May have been partly because I was out of practice but at least I got out last night for a change - 2 months is a long time! And I was able to prove my cooling system which was great :)

Thank you peeps it was a good night last night wanted to get out a bit sooner but had baby sitting duty's to attend. It would be nice to be able to use the guiding set up on this one to draw out more of the dust but that's not possible when I am going out in the car, plus its nice to be able to set up quickly and pack it away quickly. Managed to get just an hour on it before a big cloud came along and blotted it all out :smiley: I fear the fishing bug is coming back so my plan is to combine night fishing with imaging using the evostar and the eq5 and get that snapping away while I carry on fishing :grin:

Great image Mark - only just gets over neighbours house for me, not long enough to do anything with it. One problem with a perm set-up.

Many more objects in that area I'm sure you will bag them at some stage.

Inspiring :cool:

Thanks fwm891 it is low down for me to so I take off in the car and image it from a back road layby near a big field its not dark enough till gone 1am so I only give it an hour then pack up at 2ish if only those great objects in the south were a bit higher up, really loving that part of the sky at the moment.

Thanks fwm891 it is low down for me to so I take off in the car and image it from a back road layby near a big field its not dark enough till gone 1am so I only give it an hour then pack up at 2ish if only those great objects in the south were a bit higher up, really loving that part of the sky at the moment.

Yip this part of the sky is bang over head for me.

Yip this part of the sky is bang over head for me.

It must be great having it up high in the sky to image I have to wait till 1 am in the morning until its dark enough and if the fog turns up on the fields then its a no go loved your image of the lagoon by the way really nice.

You mean the one with out the stars reduced? Its nice to have a choice reducing the stars focuses more on the nebula but the stars are nice to look at as well. :smiley:

Sorry, no, the second one in the thread, which is the first one in post 9, not the second one in the ninth post, in which the second image corresponds to the first one in the thread. See how easy it is to get confused ;)

Lovely image Mark, I think I prefer the reduced stars version.

You are really getting amazing images with your dark sky and nebula hunting sessions.

Cheers Badger but your going to wipe the floor with us all when you get that ccd teamed up with your Heq5 :smiley:

It's still not arrived Mark :(

Tracking suggests I might get it tomorrow, so a lot of tweaking in my future before a first-light test.

Anyway at least I can admire your nebula shots while I wait :)

Archived