Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

a wee suggestion..........

Howdy,

I was thinking, earlier today, having just ordered a Neximage CCD from Hinds 'what would be the best way to centre the object on the chip'. I remember last winter sometimes having bother getting the object centred onto the chip on my Orion camera while swapping from eyepiece to camera, and the chip in there is quite a bit bigger.

And then, in a blinding flash, :sign7:

How about a bino viewer? Eyepiece in one side and Camera in the other!! You'd see exacly what the camera sees, IMO.

Any of you guys thought about or tried this before? Do you think there is any milage in buying a bino viewer to find out?

As usual, all opinions / suggestions welcome.....................

Clear skies,

Gary

I saw something like this done at a public viewing night. The astronomer was using the right side eyepiece to point his scope, and the left side had a cam that was attached to a television for the people to look at. Seemed to be a sarisfactory arrangement.

Archived