Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

cladding

Daniel-K

can anyone recommend anywhere to get cladding from except b&q to go on the out side of the obsy? i was just going to use OSB but the boss said she doesnt want a shoe box in the garden :rolleyes: so i have to make it look some what respectful

Well, I expect Wickes sell it. Possibly Travis Perkins, too. You can also try all your local timber yards to see what they have on offer.

Alternatively, how about painting the OSB?

I covered the visible sides of my obsy with 'waney edge' pine boards' from a local timber merchant. They were about £5 each for a 3m length but I didn't need that many ase they are over a foot wide and already pressure treated. Just needed a coat of quality red stain to colour them (never use that awfull acrylic 'wood treatment'- use a proper penetrating finish).

Waney Edge Pine

Dscf4367.jpg

I'd vote for a timber merchant, too, but I've no idea if they're the sort of businesses you get in towns and cities.

Alternatively, nip to B&Q and get a roll of lining paper and whilst she's out, wrap it around the obsy and paint "Adidas" on the side :)

James

I'd vote for a timber merchant, too, but I've no idea if they're the sort of businesses you get in towns and cities.

Alternatively, nip to B&Q and get a roll of lining paper and whilst she's out, wrap it around the obsy and paint "Adidas" on the side :)

James

very good james lol i live in a little village on the outskirts of liverpool im not a pure breed :)

I DON'T recommend Wickes! (or other DIY stores for timber). Use a local timber merchant - much cheaper and much better. I got very nearly all my timber, including cladding from our local merchants - good quality and a lot cheaper. That is the "real deal" to quote a certain antiques TV programme :)

Archived