Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skyliner 250px focuser problems.

The Skywatcher focuser on your scope uses a drawtube size which is larger than 2" - around 56mm I think. So both the 2" and 1.25" adapters are fashioned with a short, highly tapered barrel which fits into the drawtube opening and is locked in place by the locking screws.

You should not need an extension tube when using either of the Skywatcher adapters as they are designed to be the correct height get the eyepiece to near to the focal plane of the scope.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then i'm not sure where i am going wrong, John. I'm sitting here with all of the adaptors they have given me and only the two configerations i've shows in the pictures can be fitted together. The smaller thinner tube (the one in Knobbie's pic) came with it but it cannot be fitted anywhere. It's very odd, and very confusing.

Speak to FLO ... did it look new?

Maybe someone returned it after trying a different EP holder and forgot to swap it back?

Something is definately not right

FLO'S alright, he sort it

---Co. founder of the Essex cloud dodgers social group (possibly? )---

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php?/topic/152380-Can-We-Have-An-Essex-Group-In-The-Social-Group-Section-Please-?

Duplicate posts deleted :smiley:

Ideally we need a photo showing all the adapters you have just laid out, not in the scope.

If it's any consolation, confusion over Skywatcher adapters is not unusual. The manual (if supplied) is not explicit and Skywatcher do seem to use a different approach to other scopes.

i can`t understand if its "brand new" that the wrong adapters would be supplied, i looked in my kit bag and could find nothing that matches the third adapter you have, all i have is the 2" and the 1.25", which just slots into the tube as such

post-7368-0-87864400-1339374086_thumb.jp

post-7368-0-47588200-1339374106_thumb.jp

post-7368-0-85403100-1339374138_thumb.jp

The 1.25" adaptor cant fit anywhere as the 'other adaptor', whatever it is, is too small to accept the 1.25" adaptor. Without it, the hole in the focuser is too large, making the 1.25" unable to go anywhere. What i was doing is placing the 'other part' into the focuser and then the eyepiece which obviously is causing the focusing problems.

I just want to say thank you very much to you all for your help - exceptional work clarifying the problem for me. Without you i wouldn't of found the problem. Thank you very much to you, Sunshine, for actually showing me what i was missing. Now i can get onto flo with some information on what part i was missing.

as it happens, what you have might actually be better than what is normally supplied. if you put in the 2" adapter (the biggest one) into the focuser and then the 2-1.25" adapter you should be able to reach focus. the problem is, the weather is so pants that you've only a slim chance of being able to test it!

I've contacted First Light anyway, Moonshane, and we'll see. No response yet! Etherway i'll keep them both (if First Light send me another) and see which is better. Thanks agin, guys.

Archived