Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skyliner 250px focuser problems.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Sorry to jump in on the thread as such, seems silly making another new thread up. I have a slight problem with my 250px focuser which is when I use 2" ep's I can't focus IN far enough. I still get sharp enough images but I always seem to lack that extra 1 or 2 mm of travel to really fine tune the focusing. The focuser will be fully inside the scope but I lack that tiny smidge more. Any ideas how to solve this? Most peoples problems seem to be that they can't wind the focuser out far enough!! Trust me to be the odd one out

Thanks

One possible option is to slacken your primary collimation bolts a little. this will put the primary a little more up the tune. might be just enough. if not then some longer bolts and some washers, then the springs might have the same effect?

Hi,

Sorry to jump in on the thread as such, seems silly making another new thread up. I have a slight problem with my 250px focuser which is when I use 2" ep's I can't focus IN far enough. I still get sharp enough images but I always seem to lack that extra 1 or 2 mm of travel to really fine tune the focusing. The focuser will be fully inside the scope but I lack that tiny smidge more. Any ideas how to solve this? Most peoples problems seem to be that they can't wind the focuser out far enough!! Trust me to be the odd one out

Thanks

Check that your secondary is under the focuser ... as Moonshane said the mirrors can be moved up and down, as well as angled!

Moving the mirrors slightly up or down the ota has the same effect as the focuser travel.

Hope that makes sense :mellow:

Archived