Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trifid Nebula take two

Quatermass

Well, just have to hope the weather improves by then in a month or two.

I'm very forgetful these days too Mark :( Eyesight is not what it was either particularly for fine stuff. I'm now finding it quite difficult soldering small circuits :( At least I have a nice big 22" monitor to view all these lovely astronomical images :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My eyesight is no where near as good as it was 15 years ago all part of getting older I guess and as for soldering modding my canon 350 was a nightmare that I would not want to repeat again. I have got a nice 22 inch monitor on my pc upstairs makes a big difference thats why I miss taking my laptop if I am going out on the road imaging must figure out how to rig it up so I can use it.

That is splendid Mark you were indeed lucky to get some decent sky, I haven't had any joy here for weeks except a brief spell in May :mad: I think you are right about the coma corrector theres still some odd shaped stars towards the edge of the crop and it would be nice to see the full capture. I do like the colour too :D

I think your image shows that " less is more ". The first and last images don't look like you've messed around too much. A natural soft colour looks good. These things are after all just gas.

Nice colour emerging from the stars as well.

Dave.

That is splendid Mark you were indeed lucky to get some decent sky, I haven't had any joy here for weeks except a brief spell in May :mad: I think you are right about the coma corrector theres still some odd shaped stars towards the edge of the crop and it would be nice to see the full capture. I do like the colour too :D

Cheers, glad I went out so sick of all this cloud driving me mad. A coma corrector is on the cards I love using the 200p and its annoying not being able to get pin sharp stars to the edge of the field might have a crack it with my evostar ed80 as i have the focal reducer corrector on that one. Hope you get some clear skies soon.

I think your image shows that " less is more ". The first and last images don't look like you've messed around too much. A natural soft colour looks good. These things are after all just gas.

Nice colour emerging from the stars as well.

Dave.

Yes Dave I think your right less is more with a lot of deepsky stuff. I look forward to the next clear spell with out the moon flooding the sky when I can really get some time on this one ;)

I dont see why not if you have a good view of the south and a dark sky its right above the lagoon nebula and is quite bright give it a go 80 shots at 70-80 sec iso 800 and 60 dfbs should be cool. :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

Archived