Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

International Space Station Closeup 9th June 2012

Nice shot. Have you thought about having a go with your DFK?

I have done but don't think I can accurately align the scope and keep it tracking accurately so the ISS goes through the much smaller field of view of the DFK. The 40D has large enough FOV that I can normally get a couple and usually more of images at 6.5 fps to use one. Now I have a bhatinov mask so probably have got it as focused as I can and have checked the collimation I think the limiting factor now is the air turbulence. I don't think I can use the DFK on the CGEM mount in the way others have and hand follow the ISS through the finder but I might try sometime at a low inclination to try it sometime. The alternative would be to find a crossing when it goes very close to a brightish star in the FOV of the DFK and hope I get a few frames I can stack. unless there's a better technique?

Archived