Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon 1000D Or 1100D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the trouble with DSLR, the next model always has that one extra featrue that people need / want. It's there way of re-inventing the wheel and getting people to buy new every few years.

I do a lot of motorpsort photography, and have gone from a bridge DSLR, 10D, 20D and then finally a 1DMKIIN. Not to mention the lenses, I finally ended up with Canon's professional grade L glass. I am planning on using these lenses for AP work. The 200mm range seems a sweet spot that people are using.

The 1DMKIIN had the speed / focusing and waterproofing needed when out in the forests getting soaked and waiting for rally cars to splat you with mud :-) All good fun.

It'll make a change using the 1100D sat in the garden. Kettle and toilet nice and close by.

I'm very happy with my 1100D. The 50mm f1.8 is a good lens to add - it is sharp enough at f2.8 which means you can get 4 times the exposure compared to the kit lens. I want the 100mm f2.0 but I'm poor... :-(

• 3 months later...

Archived