Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fed Up Of Waiting For A Panaview 32!

Having ordered this way back and just received another disappointing email from Aatronomia, I've decided to abandon all hope on it. Can any of you chaps recommend an alternative in the same price range?

Thanks guys.

Dave.

Hi Dave I recently had an email from FLO informing me the panaviews were in stock again. Dont know if they still are as they seem to be notoriously hard to get hold of, and there may have been an order back log. If you could stretch the budget a bit more £125, I would recommend the SW Aero ED in 30mm I purchased the Aero instead of the Panaview and have not regretted the purchase at all, its an awesome 2inch ep and going by reviews on here knocks spots off the Panview.

I stand to be corrected but I think these could be the same as the Panaview...

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p956_TS-WA32-ERFLE-Wide-Angle-Eyepiece---32mm---2----70--Field.html

The Aero as already mentioned would be a better performer in your f5 scope.

These are definitely the same as the Aero and with the current exchange rate would work out cheaper..

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p2335_TS-Paragon-ED-30mm-2--Super-Wide-Eyepiece---68-deg.html

Is'nt that always the way, you find what you want then somebody mentions another e.p. That's happened to me quite a bit. You will not regret the Aero, that and my TV Radian are my favourite e.p's, by a huge margin. I have not tried a Panaview but cannot speak highly enough of the Aero. There is a post on here somewhere by John with an in depth review of the Aero's.

What is better about the Aero please? I've been thinking about a Panaview 32 too but could stretch the extra if it's really worth it. I've got an f6 8" Skywatcher dob but as is teh way of things will probably end up with a faster, bigger dob before winer arrives ;)

I think you would be better off with the Areo eyepiece, I had one the 40mm model. It was very good and I wish I had keep it, It is a little soft at the edges and I was compairing it with the 41mm Tele-vue, which is silly.

I don't know what the 30mm and 35mm are like but I am sure the are better than what you were trying to get. This is after all at the top of the Sky Watcher price range.

Alan.

What is better about the Aero please? I've been thinking about a Panaview 32 too but could stretch the extra if it's really worth it. I've got an f6 8" Skywatcher dob but as is teh way of things will probably end up with a faster, bigger dob before winer arrives ;)

Just how much bigger/faster? These budget eyepieces don't work anywhere near as well in fast scopes. I've tried a Panaview in my f/4.5 Dobs and TBH I wouldn't go there.

I hadn't decided quite yet but probably the 300p flex tube/f5 on current thinking. I guess anything I get from here on in ought to be able to work well with that. I'm discovering in my first year you don't get away with a full wallet in this game - worth it so far though :smiley:

Just how much bigger/faster? These budget eyepieces don't work anywhere near as well in fast scopes. I've tried a Panaview in my f/4.5 Dobs and TBH I wouldn't go there.

I know the Panaview's are pushed by F5 and above but I use the 38 mm fine with my F4.7 Dob, but I'm probably much younger than most on here and my pupils can dilate wide enough. Defo worth a look if you can :-)

I know the Panaview's are pushed by F5 and above but I use the 38 mm fine with my F4.7 Dob, but I'm probably much younger than most on here and my pupils can dilate wide enough. Defo worth a look if you can :-)

At f5, the exit pupil produced by the 38mm Panaview, at around 7.5mm, which although getting up there, isn't the biggest problem with the Panaview. The amount of astigmatism present in the outer reaches of the fov will for some, be too much to bear. Everyone has their own tolerance to the level of eyepiece aberrations they can bear but imho the Aero, which itself won't be perfect at f5 by any means, would be a better choice :-)

Archived