Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 - Reprocessed

Gina

Thanks Mark :) I'm waiting to have a go at the great Andromeda Galaxy too :) I'm also dying to have another go at the Flame and Horse Head which I had a quick go at just before Orion disappeared into the trees here. I have the JPEG that I produced before but I can't find the original data to have another go at. I'll have to go through all the HDs on my various boxes, I'm sure I must have it somewhere - I wouldn't have deliberately dumped it. And yes, another capture of data for M42 would be good.

I wonder if we'll get any clear nights this side of the solstice :D Not looking very promising :( Meanwhile, I'm making steady, if slow, progress on my camera cooling system :) I'm not hurrying :D

I am missing those winter targets as well but there is a lot to look at in the south around Sagittarius the lagoon, eagle, swan and Trifid nebula are all very close to each other not to mention the amount of clusters there are there as well. Hopefully this Saturday will be clear and I can get out there again for another session. :smiley:

I am missing those winter targets as well but there is a lot to look at in the south around Sagittarius the lagoon, eagle, swan and Trifid nebula are all very close to each other not to mention the amount of clusters there are there as well. Hopefully this Saturday will be clear and I can get out there again for another session. :smiley:

Yes, I'd like to have a go at those. A rare sight this morning - sunshine! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: Won't last unfortunately, there's lots of rain clouds about. What I'm really missing is some decent weather - I think it was March when we last had some warm and sunny weather. Managed some imaging in April but since then virtually nothing! Cold and wet an totally miserable weather here for weeks and weeks :( I'm totally fed up with it!!

that image is beautiful

Thank you :)
i cant wait to find a messier never mind take a stunning image like that
You'l find them in due course if you have your heart set on it. It does need a lot of time and an enormous amount of patience to get these images. Even more patience is needed in this climate! Plus, of course, if your funds are limited, patience to save up to buy the equipment. Fortunately, members here are happy to give advice on what to buy depending on what sort of object you want to capture images of. Good luck - I'm sure you'll get there in time :)

Archived