Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

W/c 4Th June

swamp thing

If the forecast is good, I'll give it a go. It really needs to be ok on the cloud front for it to be worth getting out of bed so blumming early!

New forum software seems to work well. Going to post some items in the Classified tomo :cool:

Anyone see it? I must admit I didn't even set the alarm the weather was so bad locally.

Looks as though the moons gonna be spoiling any observing this week (if we actually get a clear night) so it'll probably be next week now anyway.

Anyone see it? I must admit I didn't even set the alarm the weather was so bad locally.

Looks as though the moons gonna be spoiling any observing this week (if we actually get a clear night) so it'll probably be next week now anyway.

Hi Guys,

I haven't been on here for a bit and hadn't seen this thread. I was the same to start with but did set the alarm just in case. When the alarm went off at 0430 and looked out the window, I very nearly went back to bed. The optimist in me packed the PST in the car and me & the Wife went to Kenley Aerodrome. We met a few other optimists there and the scope was set up for sunrise at 0446 but it was an hour later before the clouds parted just enough to see the transit. The clouds stayed away just enough for some observing and a very hasty a-focal photo.

We were very lucky for sure!!

7160455797_13d1172b12.jpg

The end of the transit of Venus by MrLeebert, on Flickr

Archived