NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I want this one

This one has been offered on UK Astro Buy & Sell for quite a while at a decent price. I can't understand why it didn't sell - they are quite sought after in the USA :hello2:

A tube of that length is going to need a pretty sturdy mount and I guess it's a "niche" instrument. Rather lovely though :)

Out of curiosity why would you pay this much for a 4" when you could get a new 6" for less? Are old ones better than new ones?

Not being critical, I have a 70's 3" Fullerscope in black and brass and very nice it is too

Not being critical, I have a 70's 3" Fullerscope in black and brass and very nice it is too

I have a '50's one of these (well, my inlaws have one in my house lol) and it's really nice. I'm amazed to see the quality it gives after 60 odd years. Finderscope is broken though, and it's a 0.925" screwthred, so no good with my EPs :hello2:

Still got my brass finder and mkIII mount (needs cleaning - steel counterweight bar rusty etc). I keep meaning to get some brackets to mount scope on a dovetail and put it on a GOTO, must get around to that one day

Out of curiosity why would you pay this much for a 4" when you could get a new 6" for less? Are old ones better than new ones?.....

I think some folks like the long traditional refractor. The refractor in the advert is not particularly old despite it's looks - you could buy them new up until quite recently. A 6" with the control of false colour that a 4" F/14.5 has would need to be around 10 feet long - that's a heck of a difficult scope to mount, apart from anything else :hello2:

These long Antares refractors are quite rare though - I seem to recall they retailed at close to £1K when they were new.

I posed a similar question on here a couple of years back:

http://stargazerslounge.com/showthread.php?t=115246

I think some folks like the long traditional refractor. The refractor in the advert is not particularly old despite it's looks - you could buy them new up until quite recently. A 6" with the control of false colour that a 4" F/14.5 has would need to be around 10 feet long - that's a heck of a difficult scope to mount, apart from anything else :hello2:

These long Antares refractors are quite rare though - I seem to recall they retailed at close to £1K when they were new.

I posed a similar question on here a couple of years back:

http://stargazerslounge.com/showthread.php?t=115246

I see, thanks John

Archived