Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DWB111 Propellor Nebula - 2012 HST Update

Uranium235

Last night (if a little windy) provided much clearer conditions in which to get some worthwhile data. DWB111 (in Cyngus) is something which has been on my hitlist for this year because I didnt discover it until it had almost gone (last year), therefore I didnt get to complete a set of unbinned SII or top up the Ha.

Anyway, I completed it last night (double Ha + complete SII) and have just finished processing using the selective colour technique to get that classic hubble look. Comparing it to last years version, there is definitely more detail and the colour appears more vibrant.

Additionally, Ive also taken the time to properly calibrate everything to get rid of the bias noise that was present in the original.

DWB111: Propellor Nebula (HST colour)

Ha(L), SII, Ha, OIII (300:135:135:150)

ED80 (0.85x), Atik 314L+, CG5-GT

Setpoint: -10

Calibration: Bias and Flats

Thanks for looking :(

Rob

attachment.php?attachmentid=87862&stc=1&d=1338047352

post-18171-133877779745_thumb.jpg

Thanks Andy and Gina :(

Thank you too Olly, deep is always good with Ha :) thats why I decided to get a shedload of it and use it as luminence. I shall be staying in the Cygnus region for the next month or two at least, theres such a lot going on in there.

Good one. I've only seen it less deep and slightly more propellor-like as a result, but that's the opposite of a criticsm since deep is always good!

Olly

I'm glad you said that. I looked at it and struggled to see anything that vaguely resembled a propeller.

Lovely image nonetheless.

James

Archived