Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

W/C 21st May

swamp thing

Hi All

Well! The weather is supposed to be improving this week and the moon is new tonight. So it should be a nice dark week.

If its clear I may head down to Bignor for a night if anyones up for it?

If not, RC is fine by me.:)

Just getting the scope out would be a start.:)

The MET forecast for this week is crazy, all Sun and Clear Night Sky symbols. Can't help but refuse to believe it!!

I'm definetely up for Bignor tomo night.

It's still a bit murky here so will skip tonight and get some sleep in for the rest of the week.

Have fun all. It was clear in the North East but thin cloud just rolled in I hope it stays clear for you.

Cheers buddy.:)

Great night last night. The Veil nebula in my big Nagler in your new frac was sweeeeeeet Darren.:)

Let's hope we get another clear one later in the week.

It did'nt get properly dark until 11, but Saturn occupied the scope time until then and Mars to a lesser extent.

In the end it was about 1am, did'nt help that I had a further delay with a convoy traffic works system on the A3 through guildford and the Woking slip road was closed but well worth the 2am home arrival.

The Veil nebula in my big Nagler in your new frac was sweeeeeeet Darren.:(

I still can't believe the bright thick doughnut Ring Nebula in the dob Steve!

Have posted a first light update in the 120ED thread.

Nice first light report Darren.

Now then, I've got clear skies here and a good night forecast, so. Do you wanna give it a bash tonight, or do you wanna wait for tomorrow and chance it being clear?

I've got cear skies predicted for tomorrow but you know what forecasts are like.:(

I'm now under orders from the missus tonight, but def can do tomo night and no work the following morning so can make it a late one.

It's meant to be the same again tomo, so reckon it's worth chancing.

Archived