Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Big ep counter-weight?

hi guys lookin at the uwan 28mm 2" for dso's (if there's a problem with this ep on my dob please let me know, focal 1525mm F4.7) the size and weight is something else 2lb i think. counters are already on the base but what would be the best cheap/ quick alternative to alot of big thick washers!

I have always used those long magnetic knife racks on my Dobs. It allows me to place plate weights anywhere along them.

Place the weight on and simply slide along until balance is achieved. Simples.:)

With this system you can move weights anywhere add weights and generally customise the counter balance at will. The magnets easily hold 2.5kg barbel weights.;)

I got one of those taxi sign magnets for about a fiver and then got a lump hammer head (numerous weights available, I got a 2.5lbs) at a local shop for a couple of euros. Taped the two together and bingo! I will make it prettier but I've tested it with a heavier EP than yours and it works great.

So is mine, that's why I used the magnetic knife rack.

Bolt it to your tube and then hey presto!

The magnetic surface faces out wards. Place weights on it.....jobs a goodun.:)

Can't find any pics of it on my 10" sonotubed Dob. But here it is on my old 16" bolted to the LTA.;)

f70da8da.jpg

Archived