Come on clear skies tonight

We have beautifully clear skies to the north. Unfortunately they're too bright to see anything in for the next couple of months. I want to concentrate on objects to the south, and you can guess what's lurking there, can't you? :)

James

sorry if this sounds like a really dumb question:confused:, why do telescopes needs weights as i have a scope (goto type) which doesn't need weights, is it just for stability or the movement of the telescope?

Weights are used to balance the scope, it should stay where it's put when the clamps are dissengaged (easier to use) but also to put less strain on the motor drive.

Thank you for your reply, mystery solved:)

Hate to say this but had a cracking night viewing Saturn up here in sunny Donny. Could see 3 moons and maybe the Cassini Ring division but could have been imagining this.

JamesF: "We have beautifully clear skies to the north. Unfortunately they're too bright to see anything in for the next couple of months. I want to concentrate on objects to the south, and you can guess what's lurking there, can't you"? :)

Nope what is lurking out there? You have me intrigued?

Archived