Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trouble finding Tal 2x Barlow

Hi guys, some of you might have noticed the difficulty in scourcing a TAL 2x Barlow 1.25" I am in the process of replacing my stock eps that came with My skywatcher 200p and also replacing the barlow. I am ordering the BST Explorer ed eps and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a 2x barlow for £50 or under, something that you would say was on par with the TAL for around the same kind of money. I have tried to find the orion shorty but again they seem to be out of stock. At this rate i may be forced to over spend and get an expensive barlow but i really dont want to do this (because it means 1 less ep) Im on a bit of a tight budget and would rather not over spend on the barlow if i can get a decent one for around £50. Thanks in advance and clear skies.

Revelation/GSO do both a 2x and 2.5x barlow. I've never used the Tal and don't use barlows for visual at all, but I've not noticed a huge difference between them and my Ultima for imaging. I think they worked out at £35 to £45 each.

John has just acquired the 2.5x version I believe and might be able to offer an opinion from a visual point of view.

James

yep Thanks for all the responses guys, I have had a confirmation email from rother valley optics they have got some TALs in stock, i have just ordered one, thanks Jules for that, they seem to be as rare as hens teeth at the mo. I hope they are as good as everyone says they are :) Thanks again guys and clear skies to you all.

Archived