mak 127 dew shield

Hi all

Took delivery of my astrozap shield from FLO for my mak.

How far down the scope do i have it and how much out the end before it is encroaching on my view ??

Also i thought the shield maybe a tight fit but if i get it tight i seem too run out of velcro ??

Paul

You would think it might but in fact it doesn't. Dew shields are also great for blocking out stay light too so just make sure you fasten it enough so that it won't fall off and you're sorted.

James

And yes, it's good to have. I do still sometimes get dew on the corrector lens of my Mak, but by that time the rest of the kit is usually wringing wet.

James

For me I have the foam part of my Astrozap just sat behind the brown/grey end section of the ota. I don't really think there is a right or wrong way personally. If there was they would give instructions. And the velcro does need to be nice and tight against the tube so that it doesn't flop about.

Archived