NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher paint colour

Crunchard

Hi, does anyone know if you can get hold of the actual paint colour used on the SWA mounts?

I've got a couple of chips around the black cap section, where the lat bolts were replaced. Want to make it look smarter before I flog it.

Only need a touch-up brush sort of thing.

Cheers

Cheers Roger, I looked at a standard white (well held up an old can I had in the garage) and it looked more white ... erm not entirely sure how white could be more or less but I hope you know what I mean ;)

Hi,

Pure white in the car paint world is called 'diamond white', unfortunately believe it or not there are lots of 'whites' so may be difficult to match without getting too technical.

Andy

Seems to be a hammerite type paint, hammerite white is definitely a whiter shade of pale though.

TBH i think you may be struggling to match, short of a can from OVL or repainting the lot i'd be tempted to let things lie.

Couple of drops of yellow paint in with the hammerite maybe?;)

Some places have colour spectrometers whereby if you take a sample in they can match it for you.

My local B&Q does that. Got some gloss paint made up to match a non-standard batch from a few years ago. Pretty good. However, when I touched up some chips on my EQ6 counterweights I just used Dulux Satin oil paint. Pretty good really for small areas.

Agree - some photographers (mainly very serious wedding pros), designers and B&Q (!) will possess spectrometers, which will tell you the exact colour.

The best bet, IMHO, is to pop along to a car spary shop (not a franchised dealer) - they will have books of match cards, and are very good a matching paints.

Archived