Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Forum URL Changes

All,

In preparation for the software move it has been necessary to switch off the system that created 'pretty' url's for the forum. The system we used for this was a non-standard part of the current forum and was going to cause us huge issues to move across, in retrospect I wish we had stuck with the standard URL's...

Anyway - for most of you, you should notice no changes at all but, if you arrive from a search engine some pages may not work correctly until the search engines catch up with the new URL's.

Also, if you have linked to a specific page on the forum from elsewhere, it is possible this link will no longer work as well - again, this should only affect a small percentage of people.

I have put some fixes in place so any links to specific threads will continue to work.

Apologies for any inconvenience but I hope you can understand why it's better to go through some inconvenience now rather than when we do the transition (it's coming shortly...)...

Thanks,

Grant

Thinking about google etc., there's no way the old-style URLs could be re-written to the unprettified ones?

James

The ones that can be have been rewritten :hello2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally when browsing the forum, I have a few tabs open & use the back button then hit F5 to refresh. I was stumped for about an hour thinking the server had crashed. Duh!

:hello2: I just spotted this change today, as I've a stack of the forums in a Firefox saved set of tabs, and it gave me a white page with a simple 404 error on it.

Good luck with the upgrade - fingers crossed all the prep work allows a smooth transition..

Archived