Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Philips SPC900NC

Stargazer33

Yep, did really well.

I don't think the seller was aware of its potential use, rarity and therefore value. :)

Looking closely at the pic they posted and zooming in I read SPC900NC on the box. :D

The seller just posted it as a Philips 1.3 mp web cam, so I think some people missed it. It also finished at 14:05 so a lot of people interested would have been at work. As nobody goes on the internet in work time :hello2: I had a clear run. :D

All I need now is clear sky and I'm away! :)

Is it already astro flashed?

You may need to flash it and install the right drivers for it as well.

That said it's still a good price these days for one.

nice one, i paid just over 100 quid for mine with lens modified/removed and flashed.

feeling ripped off now :hello2:, but where i live there was no other choice

I got my spc900 web cam three wk ago from auto trader believe it or not and at the bargain price of £7.00 including postage and packageing now that's a brilliant deal lol.

I got my spc900 web cam three wk ago from auto trader believe it or not and at the bargain price of £7.00 including postage and packageing now that's a brilliant deal lol.

That is a stellar bargain!

(just saw one on eBay for £175 I think it was - anyone who pays that much deserves cloudy nights for a month for being a mug!)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had cloudy nights here for nearly 5 weeks - with the odd [single hand count] night clear for a bit. So what have I done wrong! :icon_scratch:

Funny, but I never thought of looking on AutoTrader for a web cam Pete! :rolleyes: Nice find. :clouds2:

Put the nose piece (from FLO) on the cam last night. Had to cut the tape on the box and software envelope as it was BNIB.

I have a Baader Neo filter that I got for a birthday recently. Can I use this on the cam or do I need to get an IR/UV filter?

Anyway, if we ever get clear skies again down here I will be out imaging everything I can find. :headbang:

Bryan

That is a stellar bargain!

(just saw one on eBay for £175 I think it was - anyone who pays that much deserves cloudy nights for a month for being a mug!)

Crikey, you can almost get a DMK for that, I might list my SPC on eBay for a similarly ridiculous price and upgrade :clouds2:

Were it not for the fact that I plan to use one of my SPCs as a guide camera and another as an all-sky camera, jobs that they should do quite adequately and which would cost me more to buy dedicated cameras for, then mine would have gone on ebay a few weeks ago.

Should modded cameras start turning up on ebay and going for stupendous prices then they might yet...

James

You are reading the post from one happy boy! :icon_scratch:

I just picked up a Philips SPC900NC off of E-bay for £41.00 including postage! :clouds2:

Astro imaging here I come! :rolleyes::D

Bryan

I was one of the watchers, but I forgot. Epic bargain well done you

Archived