Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Binoculars??????

Just had an epiphany. For times when I cannot set the scope up, why don't I invest in a pair of bins????????

Which ones would everyone recommend? S@N magazine recommend 10x50's. Would they be a good size to get? Which brand? Don't know the first thing about them, but would like to get a decent pair, so money isn't a factor (of course I don't want the Bentley, but I don't want cheap rubbish ones either).

I have and love the celestron 15x70s and they are definately handy for the times when you cant get the scope out x

while i would echo Kerryann23`s comment about the 15x70, they are best mounted on a tripod, due to shake, 10x50`s are much better for hand hold work

I must admit that I too have been looking at 10x50 bins on FLO. The Barr and Stroud Sahara look good at £75, but don't know much about them - are they any good do you think? Or the Sierra 10x42 from the same company for £94 :D. Obviously better bins (well price wise anyway) as they are £20 more for smaller lenses ..... ummmmmm difficult to know. :(

I am very happy with my TS 10x50 binoculars. Well made, waterproof, nitrogen filled. Worked out just over £100 and took two days to arrive. You can buy them through Amazon if you prefer but they are a little more expensive that way and still come from the same place. Add a cheap monopod and an L-bracket to get shake-free viewing.

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1406_TS-10x50-WP-Porro-binoculars---wide-angle---Nitrogen---Outdoor.html

Archived