Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

iris nebula...1st attempt...rough stretch

cloudbuster

Rough stretch of my first attempt at imaging ngc7023 iris nebula, taken last night. no propper processing involved as yet...just this rough stretch. no dbe gradient removal yet, but better processed image to follow when i have more time. nebula was plonked in the middle of bristol's LP! Hope u like, and comments welcome.

cheers

bob

failand 21.4.12

skywatcher 200pds 8"

Canon 40d

CLS light pollution filter

1600 asa

4 subs 10 min

2 subs 15 min

1 subs 11 min 30 secs

30 flats 1/4000th sec tv mode

4 darks 10 min

2 darks 15 min

1 dark 7 min 30 secs

27 bias 1/8000th sec

stacked in DSS

Processed in Pixinsight

post-16166-133877766533_thumb.jpg

Very nice I used to live in Bristol so I know how bad the light pollution is over there I think you did great to get this one, glad I dont live in Bristol any more though that light pollution from the city must be hard work for sure. Mind you the the kite festival and the balloons were very cool. Im a country mouse me :D

Very nice Bob! (15 minute subs? My word, that's progress indeed! :D)

This shows a great deal of promise for "a rough sketch". I know from my own (fairly) recent attempt at this that it starts fairly low in the NE at the moment, which from Failand must be, as you say, well in the Bristol LP mirk... Are you going to try and get a bit more data on this? With a little more you should start to see some of the detail in the dark nebula showing through... :)

Archived