Meteor shower thingy tonight.

Ok the weather isn't looking great here tonight but I'm still gonna get ready for a long nights viewing.

This meteor event tonight sounds good,but I was wondering if there's a certain direction you need to point for it? Or do they appear in random places?

Danny.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lyrid meteor shower eminate from a point within the constellation of Lyra. By midnight the constellation (according to stellarium) should be almonst due east. You will probably see many more meteors if you look either NE or SE. But do check out the whole sky.

Its lovely and sunny here but i have a head cold so i will be observing east/NE/SE from indoors.

Excellent,I hope we get chance to see them. I have an empty memory card at the ready.

Cheers.

Danny.

Me too! And a fully charged battery. And me deck chair and blanket.

Will be going out with the Witney posse for a late sesh

hi guys, by any chance will you be able to see the shower from swindon?

thanks

As long as it is clear and there isn't too much light pollution then, yes you should have as good a view as anyone else. I usually find dark skies are best as meteors can be faint and lost in any light pollution.

hi guys, by any chance will you be able to see the shower from swindon?

thanks

I had heard that the meteors were going to bypass Swindon this year after a poor reception last time round!

Gutted, thick cloud and rain here in Preston.:D

Just to hack you off totally---- clear and calm here in south west France. Telescope's been out for 2 hours to equalise temperature. Will report back later. TTFN

Archived