Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bristol Members

jeremy1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Frank and welcome to the forum. We have already tried to arrange a meeting for Friday 18th but given the current weather it had to be cancelled. The next planned event is for next Friday 25th and hopefully we can get some of the crew from the forum together before the evenings get any shorter. If your interested in coming along, send me a private message (top right hand corner of your screen) telling me a little about yourself, what your astronomical interests etc are and then I can send you some details.

Clear skies

James

Well the forcast looks good for Friday. How gutted am I that I can't make it? It's wifeys 40th birthday on that very day you see. I hope you have a great night though and I'll look forward to seeing you all another time :)

Dave.

Dave, isn't it typical. I bet the seeing will be outstanding too!:):D:D We will have to check things out on the day (...you never know) but it does look like it's all engines go. Hope the celebrations go to plan and catch up with you soon.

I'll send out a message to those who have expressed an interest to confirm numbers on Thursday.

Clear skies

James

Dave, isn't it typical. I bet the seeing will be outstanding too!:(:D:D We will have to check things out on the day (...you never know) but it does look like it's all engines go. Hope the celebrations go to plan and catch up with you soon.

I'll send out a message to those who have expressed an interest to confirm numbers on Thursday.

Clear skies

James

Hi James, think I'll be coming. Look forward to your PM...:)

Just a quick message confirming that tomorrow's planned observing session for the 25th is now cancelled.

Although the skies are predicted to be clear, wind speeds are unfortunately going to rise with gusts up to 23 mph which is going to make observing in open elevated countryside a bit difficult. I have sent messages to those who were wanting to come along tomorrow night but would like to thank everybody who responded to Jeremy's original call to get an observing group started. There are many good reasons to be involved on this forum and trying to pull people together to actually 'do' some astronomy is probably the best one of all and for me is what it's all about.

Definitely get some meetings organised for when the skies get darker and longer - so watch this space!

James

Just a quick message confirming that tomorrow's planned observing session for the 25th is now cancelled.

Although the skies are predicted to be clear, wind speeds are unfortunately going to rise with gusts up to 23 mph which is going to make observing in open elevated countryside a bit difficult. I have sent messages to those who were wanting to come along tomorrow night but would like to thank everybody who responded to Jeremy's original call to get an observing group started. There are many good reasons to be involved on this forum and trying to pull people together to actually 'do' some astronomy is probably the best one of all and for me is what it's all about.

Definitely get some meetings organised for when the skies get darker and longer - so watch this space!

James

PM sent :):(

Thanks very much for trying James (and Jeremy for originally starting this post :() - Hopefully we can keep this thread going in case any opportunity crops up over the next few weeks (despite the limited length of the night sky), but I'm sure it'll be possible to get a good night in later in the year and get us all up there... Now that I've tested my battery and found how much easier it is than using mains, I'm just looking forward to getting mobile!

• 3 months later...

Archived