Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dew heater controller placement

jonathan

Just wondering where other people mount theirs - I have an NEQ6 which it will be used with most of the time, the Astrozap dual controller came with velcro stickers but thus far I've just placed it on the eyepiece shelf.

I'm thinking of sticking it to the side of the NEQ6 mount (the side without any controls or ports), sound like a good idea? Will it be OK for cables here or is it likely to wrap or snag?

Mine goes on the mini pier on top of the tripod that I have covered in velcrose. I think you can see it on this picture

Covering with Velcro sounds like a nifty idea... though I don't have a mini pier so the blank side of the mount will probably have to do. :D

Is that a cable tidy I see? That is also a nifty idea!

As you can see I am velcro city. There are bits everywhere. On the legs, on the pier and on the mount. it is also useful for the handset.

Yes jonathan it is a cable tidy but it is this type

OMNIMOUNT OECMS Cable Management Tool at cheap prices | Pcworld

because it uses velcro:D up its entire lengthand is MUCH easier to use

Looks good, I may have to get one... or two...

I just put mine on the tray that came with my Berlabech tripod, when done at night I remove the astrozap dew shield and wrap the controller and wires around the weights the put the canvas cover over the top. I have very high humidity here, often 96%+ and recently heavy rain and its been fine (my scope does't live outside permanently but occosaionally it spends the week outside

Archived