NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

eq5 help latitude bolts?

hi help needed for a newbbie i set scope up last night but i never had any bolts so i couldnt set altitude to 52 deg for corby northants i do presume i should have got two bolts with mount can someone clarify this please i will see if i can take a picture later

I should be careful they don`t call the originals bendy bolts for nothing, you would be better in the long run investing in stainless steel replacements as from Astro Developments or the cheapest way is to make your own, stainless metric rod 8/10mm is available off the net in short lengths, epoxy a couple of knobs on, job done :D

John.

• 4 weeks later...
Yep looking at mine they should be 8mm and one bolt is much longer than the other. The shorter one goes in the front if thats any help. :icon_scratch:

Big help for me thanks,was just trying to work out why that bolt was getting so close to the balance weights...had them the wrong way round! :clouds2:

Archived