NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light Modded 1100D - M42

Gina

This is the first time we've had clear skies here since I modified my second 1100D. Filters removed and IR/UV blocking filter put back.

Here is the first image of M42 with the modded camera. One single sub with curves adjusted in GIMP and cropped and resized for posting. I'm now stacking in DSS and will post resulting images later.

M42-2012-04-10-01.jpg

Interesting Gina. Will be good to see the final results with sub info. Notice this is your second 1100d mod, was one not enough for you? :)
It wasn't quite that - I transformed a working camera into a non-working one when I dismantled it further to look into a cooling mod.

Thank you folks :) Yes, DSS has finished and I have fiddled with the resulting image. I took 30 subs of which DSS chose 23. I would have liked more but was thwarted by M42 disappearing behind my warm room and APT having problems with the camera connection and having to use EOS Utils instead. Anyway, here's the result :-

M42-2012-04-10-01-s1.jpg

Great result Gina, love the colours. Did you manage to get any lights?

lol, just noticed my error! Off course I meant flats. But you have answered that now Gina. Seems to be a few dust bunnies on there that flats would cure. Just waiting for my 8V lamps to turn up so I can make my light box. I found an excellent tutorial on making one if you are interested. DIY Astrophotography Light Box

Great result Gina, love the colours. Did you manage to get any lights?
I think you might mean darks or flats. I did take 15 darks when I did M51 later with around the same exposure which I could use here but no flats.

Archived