Attachment rod disaster!

I foolishly tried transporting my EQ5 tripod in an upright position in our camper this weekend. Of course, the thing toppled over on a bend and I have since found out that the top end of the attachment rod that secures the mount to the tripod has bent (I had not bothered to remove the rod and spreader plate). Does anyone know where I can get hold of a replacement rod? :)

you might struggle to get one of these, maybe a wanted add on uk astro buy and sell might do the trick, or take the bent one to a local engineering shop to see if they can straighten it

I foolishly tried transporting my EQ5 tripod in an upright position in our camper this weekend. Of course, the thing toppled over on a bend and I have since found out that the top end of the attachment rod that secures the mount to the tripod has bent (I had not bothered to remove the rod and spreader plate). Does anyone know where I can get hold of a replacement rod? :)

Bit late now i know but we transport our EQ3-2 upright (legs tucked in) with a tight zebra clip around the headrest bars and the mount - works a treat.

I don't know if this would work, but you could always take your busted rod to some hardware store (Threaded Rod - Resin Fixings | Screwfix.com) and see if they could fix you a new one.

It's just a thought, but if the rod is anything like that on my CG-5 - and even if it isn't the principle notion remains - then it looks like a stainless steel, M10 threaded rod.

I may be wrong, but would not have thought the original will be stainless steel, short Lengths of M10 stainless threaded rod to replace it, which would be better, is available from Westfield Fasteners, while you are at it buy some M8 and replace those Chinese bendy bolts as well, just epoxy some knobs on the end of your choice :)

Archived