NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The meeting on the 14th

Ganymede12

Many people have suggested that I come to the meeting on the 14th.

So I would like to know some more details about the meeting. How many people will be there. What kind of people are they, what is the meeting place like,ect.

Sorry if I seem too suspicious but school is constantly filling our heads with e-safety!

Firstly how old are you Ganymede ? .On average i would say theres at least 5 people there ( but there can be double that ),we are all of varying ages and ability.The site is above Blaenavon it offers a 360 degree view of the night sky and suffers minimal light pollution.You have to be careful meeting people offline and being of school age i suggest you always have a parent to accomany you.But we offer a warm welcome to all

My suggestion would be that if you are school age, arrive before it is dark. There are always one or two of us that arrive early. I would suggest about 20:15ish. We are a very social group. While it is still light you can check us out. and make your hallo's.

I am sure Taffy 2 will send you all the info you need about the site.

Pat

The blaenavon sight is not far from Asda. There's a thread somewhere I made detailin the actual map showing where the site is. I'm on my phone now so I can't actually get access to the map. Have a look at one of the earlier meet threads there should be the latitude / longitude of the site :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be at ASDA at 6 30,normally I wait till 7 then I make my way up to the site.I go to the site earlier because it takes a good hour for my scope to cool down.If your confident finding the site on your own 8 is early enough Ganymede

I hope to be with you this weekend, look forward to putting faces to names etc.

I think I know the site, above what is known locally as 'the keepers'

Anyway I see the coordinates and will check again, forecast is set to be good I think Mat

Gordon

I hope to be there aswel - Astropanel is showing tonight (Thursday) as stunning but Saturday wall to wall cloud.

Oh well fingers crossed

Yes back garden astronomy on the cards for this evening fingers and everything else crossed for the weekend _ looks like there could be a good turnout

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Well if its any consolation for the weekend hopes- astro panel says its going to be clear as a bell and sunny today and its absolutely hammering down in Newport at the minute - go figure lol

Lol there was thunder over in Caerphilly so I think we had the rain. Stopped now but all cloudy :(. Where do you work?

I'm hoping tonight :D. No astral 500 yet tho as the courier didn't bother pick it up 2 days ago:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived