##UPDATE##

Well after a couple of hours and 400kg of concrete i now have a stable pier :D

Firstly i have to thank my helper

819_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I played on Sunday morning and made sure my measurements were okay

820_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

The height of the Polar scope is 4ft6inches so i dont have to squat to set up the mount

Overall the pier has been designed for Sct/Refractors so even though the viewing position is around 5 ft it is perfect for my setup

Lastly a close up of the Pier head and Mount

821_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

All i have to do now is get 10 mins with Polaris so i can set "North" properly and concrete the studding and tidy up

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All but there now!!!, and then you came 'reap the rewards of your labours', good effort all round!!.

BTW, I was pleased to see that you have been following 'Health and Safety' guidelines, in that your 'labourer' is wearin a 'hi viz' waistcoat :D

Dave

BTW, I was pleased to see that you have been following 'Health and Safety' guidelines, in that your 'labourer' is wearin a 'hi viz' waistcoat :)

At one point Kai had on his Ear Defenders (noise from the mixer) his "Bovver Boots" and was making a saftey fence around the pier to stop people falling in.

One good thing though......

We had to stop every 10 mins for a "Tea Break" :(

Thats it finito,done,finished. :)

Everythings level and pointing at Polaris.Its nice and stable and its so nice to be able to view without stooping over the eyepiece.All i have to do is tidy away all the building debris and bingo Winter here i come.

Total cost was £150 including the custom Pier head adaptor (£95) so i consider it a bit of a bargain.

What next ......... :(

Archived