Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars 07/04

rawhead

Wow. this is a great detailed image! Can i ask, is this anything like how it appears in the telescope's eyepiece whilst purely visual observing?

I'm still trying to make out any detail at all with my scope (130m) and wondered if you had to image it to see anything like the details seen in your pic.

Nice pic BTW.

Wow. this is a great detailed image! Can i ask, is this anything like how it appears in the telescope's eyepiece whilst purely visual observing?

I'm still trying to make out any detail at all with my scope (130m) and wondered if you had to image it to see anything like the details seen in your pic.

Nice pic BTW.

Thanks! It won't look like that on the ep. You have to be patient at the ep to eke out detail. If you take your time and wait for the brief flashes of good seeing some would say the eye can get more than the cam! Take a look at the excellent drawings by Paul able.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Nice image. That limb artefact is a pig though, isn't it? It seems so difficult to get an image of Mars without it. Many of my own are the same.

James

Thanks for James. The rind is a real shame. You either live with it, tone down the wavelets and lose detail or photoshop it out. What do you reckon?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Archived