Identification Problems

Hi All,

I have inherited a Telescope which I'm none too sure about?

It was bought by my late father back in 1997 and is marked Made in Russia - amateur astronomer telescope - N0072.

So far I am leaning toward it being a Tal 1 judging by pictures I have seen, but am still unsure as I do not have any paperwork.

It was bought and assembled then re boxed due to a house move and never came out the box again.

Is there please any other features that I should be looking at to further identify it. I will also be looking at selling the scope if anyone is interested at all, other wise it will be the last resort, Ebay.

Many thanks in advance.

Tim.

post-35448-133877759849_thumb.jpg

post-35448-133877759857_thumb.jpg

post-35448-133877759864_thumb.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many thanks for your help.

Is there any recommended places to sell my scope. Don't really want to Ebay it as lots of questions that I can't answer and people want it for £5.

Thanks again,

Tim.

ok £6 and a bag of haribos...

kidding, have you used it at all? seems too nice to sell

As above, the UK Astro Buy & Sell website is widely used by the astro community. Here is a link to the site:

U.K. Astronomy Buy & Sell

Have a browse around on there and E.Bay to get an idea of a realistic asking price. I guess it will need to be collected - shipping costs would be high !

You might want to anticipate questions by photographing and describing the condition of the scope and especially the optics as clearly as possible in your advert.

No, I'm afraid not.

Hi John,

Am sorry if this has been asked many times, I've posted a link to a retailer and ebay when I've seen something -most recently a discounted ED 80 at Scope and Skies; should we not be posting these, or is it a case that if I were selling something, I shouldn't post to my own link (if that makes sense?) :)

Thanks,

Chris

So, Two pieces of string walk into a bar and the bartender looks at them suspiciously. He says "Sorry, boys, we don't serve your kind here." So the pieces of string walk out again.

They're sitting in the gutter outside and feeling really thirsty when one piece of string says "Hey! I've got an idea to get me into the bar."

So he starts twisting and turning, wriggling this way and that, pulling out a few threads here and there. His mate's looking at him and thinks he's gone completely nuts.

Then the piece of string walks back into the bar. The bartender looks at him a little suspiciously again and says "Here, you're not a bit of string, are you?"

No, I'm a frayed knot.

Hi John,

Am sorry if this has been asked many times, I've posted a link to a retailer and ebay when I've seen something -most recently a discounted ED 80 at Scope and Skies; should we not be posting these, or is it a case that if I were selling something, I shouldn't post to my own link (if that makes sense?) :)

Thanks,

Chris

Correct :)

I have seen a ton of links on here to loads of other sites, ebay included, yet nobody has said anything. I can understand not selling your own stuff on here because that brings it's own problems but a heads up on something cheap elsewhere on the net then the members benefit from this. I'm just not sure I see why?

The comment was made tongue in cheek but seeing as you asked.

There is no issue with people providing "Heads Up" type of posts or threads provided they are not their own.

When people highlight their own then we do remove them as its a breach of the Forums Policy at the present time.

HTH :)

So...................just to add a bit to the pot........

If first bloke advertises it on ebay, he can't put a link on here......

But.....if we see it on Ebay, we can put a link on to tell the forum of the great offer on ebay,,,,,

Eh ???

Confused......

How does one know that the seller hasnt got two ebay accounts and two S.G.L. accounts..... I'm not suggesting he has, BUT......it wud be a doddle to do....

There you go.............I'm waiting to have my knuckles wrapped now LOL

Archived