NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M8 & M 20 - Sag Area Wide Field (105 mm)

Here's a somewhat deep snap of the Sag.- Milky Way area taken with the Canon XT and lens set @105mm. Most visible are M8 and M20 and a few other identifiable areas. The hardest task was to reduce the original file size to fit on this post.... :D

Doug

I like that Doug. Are we getting towards our galactic centre with that one. It's an extremely rich area of the milky way, and pretty low down. At least it is for me at 55 d North. I would like to see the same area with a 28mm lens, or a wider angle than the one you used here.

I have seen images like these projected on a very large screen via a digital projector, and they just fill me with awe.

I just get an overwhelming feeling of gratirude that I able to witness scenes like these. Incredible.

Ron. :D

Hi Ron,

I'm very glad you appreciated this photo. Because of that, I searched my HD for lost or forgetten wide field photos. I found another one from last season and posted it in the Deep Sky folder. I hope you enjoy it....and maybe help in ID'ing objects if possible...It would be appreciated.

Regards,

Doug

Doug

Great widefield images :(

If you want to upload larger files use the ISEESTARS ot stargazrs to host them and link them in.

100Kb is just not big enough to do an image like this justice.

Cheers

ian

Archived