Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece Selection For My Meade 10" Schmidt Newtonian

Greg

There's a few threads running on Cloudynights and Astromart. The Astromart thread especially concur that the Paragon is perfectly suited for fast scopes down to f4.5. And that the difference between it and the Pan 41mm is incredibly marginal (you'd really need to be looking for it). The Pan 41 has the edge but nowhere near a $200 edge. They agreed the Paragon is simply the best value low power widefield eyepiece available.

At £129 it's a steal :D There's certainly nothing in the upto £100 bracket that comes close.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats great news Rus, I was literally just out walking the dog and mulling over getting a widefield eyepiece (as you do! :D) and decided to set myself a budget of 200 to get a good one. If I couldn't find a decent one under 200 then just not bother getting one at all.

BTW do you know if any shorter lengths are in the pipeline? I was looking for nearer a 30-35 ideallly...

Aaallllright!

Have just spoken with the Burgess Optical UK importer and FLO has been accepted into the fold 8)

I shall start listing the eyepieces later this week and will make an official announcement in the Sponsors section.

Most everything is available to order except the 5 and 6mm Planetary eyepieces.

Can also supply their diagonals and red-dot-finder.

Here to serve :salute: :D

Archived