First Lunar

prasadka

Folks,

At the outset, please let me thank Peonic, without whose help (and camera!) this post would not be possible.

Albeit the fact that I had the moon only for a fraction in focus, I managed to get somewhat of an image from my meade etx 90PE. The moon was around in my garden area for a brief while, but i got really superb views through my view finder. This is a single image captured and sharpened a bit in photoshop. The image did appear a tad overexposed at first look. Please pass on your inputs, so that I can keep improving.

Cheers,

PrasaD

718_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nothing wrong with that at all for a first attempt Prasad.

You've managed a segment of the crescent moon, and I guess it was pretty low in the West Norwest sky when you took the picture, and going down fast. It is very early days in your imaging learning curve. One bit of advice I know is very important, for beginner or Expert,

You must do lots of preparation, start the process of planning your session, long before you take your first exposure. When things are rushed, you begin to panic a bit and and that has a detrimental effect on the whole process.

But, as I said, you have a very nice first lunar shot under your belt.

Ron. :D

Thanks mate.. I subscribe to your view on preparation 100%.

I lost a lot of time because while in the backyard, my k3ccd conked off and I had to do a re install. Plus, because it hung, I lost what i thought was a reasonable movie of the crescent moon that I was shooting- the file got corrupted.

Thanks for the feedback and the encouraging words.

Cheers,

Prasad

Yeah cracking result for a first try. This is great because you are going to see your images improve over time - with a starting point like that - you going to be producing some really good images really soon.

You got that, with the moon low down in the west, with the jet stream over us (makes imaging harder), and as a first image.

This time of year is really hard for up to 1st quarter moon (as it's so low) and is much better for last quarter(as it's so high)... in late winter / early spring the tables are reversed.

Looking forward to seeing more of your images.

Ant

Archived