Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Playing with G for Lum

beamish

Okay so I was messing about trying a few things and discovered that I had some more detail in the Green channel than the red so when adding R for lum the underlying detail was being washed out so ....

also wanted to see how well the data stood up to being re-sized.

mmmmm, interesting.

beamish-albums-karlo-s-pics-picture16551-mars-26-03-2012-22-20-ut.jpg

noticed the green channel being superior alot aswell karlo, even with other planets

also televue have 2 Mars bandmate filters yellow and orange which are apparantly good on Mars

and noticed Piotr (Rik) uses orange filter as luminance

sorry to hear about your EFW btw

these are great pics and well worth upscale ;)

what kind of framerates were u getting with flea ?

James

I've noticed it before now James but on this occasion it was really quite pronounced.

As for the TV filters-dya think I'm made of dosh ?;) I'm sure Piotre has alternatives on his w/site.

Frame rates were as follows:

R=FPS=38 Shutter=25.72ms

G=FPS=38 Shutter=25.00ms

B=FPS=26 Shutter=37.12ms

here are the two individual channels Red on the left and Green on the right

post-13438-133877756258_thumb.jpg

post-13438-133877756259_thumb.jpg

Fantastic image Beamish, I believe its always worth having a play with these things as sometimes it can give surprising results.

Is it just me or is there a rainbow effect around the polar cap? Is this light naturally splitting around the region or an optical/processing effect?

Thanks ;)

Yeah I had been aware of that, I'd like to say it was an optical effect( it could be) but I'm guessing it must be a processing artefact cos no matter how much I try, if I align to rid myself of it I get a mis-alignment elsewhere

Archived