The moon wooohooo

I finally got a look at the moon yay,what an awesome sight and even better than I imagined.

I started off with a 25mm and it was a wow moment,then 9mm with a bigger wow.I tried 5mm and couldn't believe the detail I was seeing.All the craters shadows looked amazing.I finally tried the Barlow just for a laugh and it was still very detailed,at x400.

Jupiter also looked amazing right next to it.it looked best with the 9mm.It wasn't even dark properly yet.

Well I'm off back out there now.A cracking clear night tonight.:blob10::hello2::o

Danny.

I know what you mean. Tried the moon for the first time tonight with my SW 130 since I got it. It is indeed a 'wow' moment. Looked superb at 25mm, superb at 10mm and pretty good through the std Barlow with the 25mm on that. Seeing conditions not bad here tonight either. M42 clearly visible for the first time all week too.

Our son was even more impressed with the moon. It's so nice to be able to show him that and share the wonderment with him.

Jupiter was the best though. At least six moons visible, maybe a seventh (I couldn't be sure) and for the first time with the 10mm on, could just make out some banding.

Fantastic.

It makes the waiting worthwhile. Hope tomorrow is the same :blob10:

Scott

Staffordshire

Nice !!!

No high level cloud here tonight unlike the last two nights and seeing and transparency both 8/10 tonight.

I was going to setup for an imaging run, but instead, wife and I sat out at sunset with a bottle of wine and the DSLR on a tripod for Moon, Jupiter and Venus. Two hours later, still sat just taking it all in :blob10:

Cheers

Ian

Seeing in South Wales is good tonight also, like some have said the moon is amazing and bands in Jupiter looked stunning. My friend looked through my scope for the first time tonight and couldnt believe what he was seeing. All in all and excellent night out with the scope :blob10:

Archived