Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL7 M101 WIP 2 now with Ha - The End ?

Spikey

I'm really pleased with this only being my second proper RGB image.

Probably my best image to date and my longest data collection period on any image.

I've spent the morning playing with this on the netbook as I haven't got anything better to do. Still not taken any FLATS but judging by how the image looks now I'm not going to bother.

I dumped nearly 2 hours of Lum as the subs were a bit milky and adding to the noise. That was hard to do !

We now have approx 3 hours Lum, 1.5 hrs per channel RGB and 8x900s Ha.

I've really struggled to get the Ha to show up as a colour and in the end had to layer it twice after a quick discussion with Steppenwolf.

So, in effect we have here an LLHaRGB !

I'm calling it a day on this one before I overdo things and ruin it completely :blob10:

spikey-albums-dso-s-picture16442-m101sgl7wip2.jpg

Cheers QM, yes I am. Looks a bit weird on my screen as a jpeg, it's a lot better as a tif.

I've relented and just shot a load of flats so I'll be reprocessing this one over the next few days when I get back home.

I'm going to be processing this from scratch when I get home. The netbook isn't really the best tool for the job but it's not done too bad a job.

What's the best way of sharpening selectively? Couple of pixel high pass?

Archived