Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Recommend a diagonal and mount for C 100 ED

I am a big fan of the AZ4 but recently had a few issues which were entirely of my own doing.

Firstly I had somehow got into the habbit of extending the legs fully (mine is the steel legged version) and tighening the clutches far to tight. I must have doing doing this over time and got into bad habbits.

The combination was perfect for sending shock waves down the OTA if I tapped the tube or if a bit of a breeze picket up. I like worry about such things and fretted about this "New Problem" for few days before I sussed it.

To get the AZ 4 to run really smoothly the clutches need to be set as lightly as possiable and to acheive this it is essential that the pod is level, I hadn't realised this and I think initially this is what led me to over tightening of the clutches. I had been debating buying another mount for my refractor as my little scope tremmers were starting to annoy me, I don't have to do that now which is really good news for me as I really like this mount and seriously did not wish to part with it.

I don't know if this helps but my 100RS weighs in at 11lb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Equinox 100 mounted on the 1.75 leg version Az4 and have no problems when i use at upto 180x mag, ive also loaded this mount with a Explorer 150 and used it for low power sweeps of starfields with no issues.

mik-albums-equipment-picture16431-equinox-100load.jpg

I tell you what..

Do you not think that an AZ5 (if and when it comes out, and also if its called that) with these specs would kick the butt of any other mount for visual work?

Beefier Mount for Higher Scope Payload

2" Stainless Steel Legs (with LONGER extensions for refractors)

2 Securing Screws (I sometimes worry about having just the one with the AZ4)

I love the AZ4. Roll on the AZ5!

Counterweights are history for me

The AZ4 is nearly there, and I think the extension tube from the HEQ5 will fit - at least I'm sure I saw a pic of that set up somewhere... Two locking knobs is nice. I have become used to it on the HEQ5 and it does feel more secure, though that may be all in the mind!

The SkyTee 2 sounds like it might be up your street...

Ant

Ant...

The extension tube definately will fit the AZ4. I have one (300mm)

Took some images of the whole set up today in fact. PM your email address if you want a piccie or two

Check out Astrotec on ebay. Graham will make one for you for £60 delivered.

That's £40 less than the widescreen centre one. The quality is excellent.

They are a MUST for the AZ4 when using a refractor in my opinion.

Any problems in finding it, then PM me.

Same for you, Mick

Just going back to the Skytee2...

I'm thinking about one BUT :

1. Expensive for just the mount ( £240)

2. Needs new ADM saddles straight away (£60 each per saddle)

3 Still need Counterweights!

Archived