NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rosette Nebula - First light for modded 1000D

Bizibilder

This is my first image with my newly modded Canon 1000D - It seems to have had the desired effect. Taken on 18 March 2012.

ED120APO/reducer Canon 1000D(modded) ISO 800, 28x5min subs, 31 Flats, 28 Darks. Guiding with QHY5/finder and PHD. Mount HEQ5 with EQMOD.

Total exposure 2h 20 mins. (Image is resized to 1024x680 Px)

All comments most welcome as I've never tried to process this sort of thing with a modded camera before - I hope i've got it about right??

18Mar2012RosetteNebulaSmall.jpg

Thats a great shot. Wish I could mod my camera but my other half would kill me.

Sam - The 2.5hrs hes talking about is his total exposure time. He took 28 - 5min subs. So each exposure length(shutter speed) was 5 minutes.

;) nice bizi, done rosette myself last night but my canon1100d is unmodded, so not so much red in mine.

pics like this will only mean that i will end up modding mine sooner rather than later.

convinced the wife that we needed a new camera and to get dslr instead of digi before our hols and that way will kill two birds with one stone,her for hols and me for ap. so need to wait till after may 26th before i even think about it.

Thanks for the comments to all of you - I know it needs more subs but they will have to wait. (Leo triplet is tonights target as the Rosette is getting quite low and tricky for my site if I want a decent number of subs).

Archived