Difficulty finding 200 dob:(

As the title suggests, this is proving a difficult task!

It's my birthday April 22 and the Mrs has agreed to fund said 'scope, tho i need to get it sorted.

Due to the quality/price/demand for this 'scope, stocks have understandably been limited, i've got FLO to e mail me when they're back in stock, and was told end of march. No problem, i thought. Id buy it then and take pleasure in watching the Mrs try and hide 2 massive boxes for a month or so!

I checked the website today to see if any were available, to find "please contact us" instead of the price.

I emailed FLO just to check if the price was going to change when they did come back in stock. The reply was that they were not going to be available till early may, but if i order now, still only pay the original price.

Here's my problem, do i order now and accept i won't get it for my birthday, wait and maybe pay an increased price, or search elsewhere?? I've not really considered any other suppliers, but have only heard good things about FLO so it was a no brainer as to where to spend the Mrs money!

Does anybody know anywhere else that has them?? please help!!

Thanks in advance

Jon:iamwithstupid:

i read on here other day that theres a massive problem with them as in stock

can you wait that long, what about the 150p or even if your good at DIY get a 200p on a EQ mount and make a dob base.....

or if funds could stretch to a 250px?

otherwise it might be better to save up anything till they come into stock, you might have enough by then for upgrades:)

Hi Jon, I to are having the same probably as you (although it's not my birthday). I've ordered from FLO but been told it won't be in stock until April time and I kinda want it now :-(

I've looked on other sites but haven't had much luck and are all so wondering where else to look.

I'm tempted to cancel the order tho and spend a bit extra and get the 200p EQ5.

My DIY skills are rather lacking, so wouldn't trust myself making my own dob base! nice idea though!

I was initially going to get the 150p, but with various people saying they'd throw some bucks in the pot, i'd settled on the 200p, mainly cos it is quite big, but not truly enormous, as storage would be an issue as i only live in a 2 bed bungalow and have an 18month old son who would love hanging off the EQ mount!

Also, i'm a chef, so my hours are hardy sociable, so just love the fact that i can get home from work and be set up out in the garden in a matter of minutes with the dob!!

What to do? What to do??

Hi Guys, suffering here to - had my cpc 1100 on order for a while now, before ordering I placed a few adverts to try for a second hand one - no luck - so, on advice I ordered new to beat the price increase (had to sell 2 scopes to part fund it) and then a couple of them came up on the second hand market. Just my luck, I think stocks are arriving in the UK mid May - so still another 8 - 10 weeks with only my little mak to keep me company. The blumming wait is killing me - I know I'm a 46 year old Kid - but you guys know what I mean - clear skies and keep up the wait. Paul.

Most retailers will have the wholesaler despatch from their warehouse, its likely to be the same story everywhere unless you can find one in stock at the retailer. Try Zoltan at 365Astronomy.

It seems that everyone sells out at the same time. I got mine from FLO 2 months ago and again it came from suppliers, understandable as these boxes are massive and keeping them in stock must take up some room. I just tried Green witch, cant guarantee they have them, but it never said out of stock, might be worth giving them a go. Good luck. Oh they are £299 on Green witch.

Archived