NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

from zero to fully tooled up in two months

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Steve, do you really think that 200P is big enough? Hmmmm just imagine all those extra DSO's you'll see with a 16" light bucket.........

Ohhh and whats this FLO have them in stock!!! :):)

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Skyliner 400P FlexTube Dobsonian

Go on treat yourself. :)

Nope shan't - :) I've usually got something on my wish list but at the moment the only thing I want is a tablet computer - so later in the year perhaps. On the scope front - I love the one I have - its perfect - easy to store,easy to move, easy to get going. Further down the line If I get into A/P I'm thinking one of those Cas types - no point for me going for a light bucket- small garden and won't get it in the car - have to content myself with having sneaky looks through others at star parties .

One happy newbie astronomer at the moment - already planning making a viewing platform / patio for a summer project for next winters skies.

looking forward to the next night out already.

Well, I've just decided not to buy a new car until next year, so by some ways of thinking I'm suddenly £5,000 better off right now than I might have been. Isn't there something a bit bigger than a mere 400P Dob?

Wow - I had no idea that Telrads were so big!

Nice kit though, Steve. Reminded me I need to organise my eps, and buy a fold-down table, chair, compass, thermos etc. Gonna need a bigger car... .:).

On the scope front - I love the one I have - its perfect - easy to store,easy to move, easy to get going. Further down the line If I get into A/P I'm thinking one of those Cas types - no point for me going for a light bucket- small garden and won't get it in the car - have to content myself with having sneaky looks through others at star parties .

One happy newbie astronomer at the moment - already planning making a viewing platform / patio for a summer project for next winters skies.

looking forward to the next night out already.

Bravo, sir. Bravo! ;-)

It's the damn weather - nothing better to do when it's cloudy than hunt down the next purchase!!!

This is why I have lots of kit but very little experience. Clear skies only seem to happen when I already have other plans and it's been pretty grey most of the time recently anyway!

Time to buy some decent EPs...

that telrad is massive , is it a big improvemnet over the finderscope - I think the finder scope is really good but now I'm looking for fainter objects I think I'm going to have to star hop and the telrad might be better for this , what do you think ? Also that case looks massive but fits it all in very nicely , is it the maplins one ?

that telrad is massive , is it a big improvemnet over the finderscope - I think the finder scope is really good but now I'm looking for fainter objects I think I'm going to have to star hop and the telrad might be better for this , what do you think ? Also that case looks massive but fits it all in very nicely , is it the maplins one ?

just to make sure no ones confused by this- the Telrad is on an optional 4 Inch riser otherwise it would be more or less flat to the tube- you can take the riser off and attach it to its normal mount but I bought it to rise he eye sight level - my back is not in great shape so anything that spares me bending over all night is good by me.

The case was from EBay - when I bought it I did think I'd gone a bit OTT but now I think its just about spot on (although its not the cheapest about admittedly) .eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Archived