Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beaten by Dew for the first time

I was out tonight good clear night here in north cornwall there was a couple of william orbits floating round but nothing major. Had a good look at jupiter, then on to a couple of DSO's , swatted up on some more constellations and just waiting for saturn to come up to the ese. Then all went to the dogs finder scope dewed up and my EP's as well gutted :hello2: had to come in in the end as i could not get the dew to go away :).

My question is how do you stop dew on your finder scope and your ep's. My OTA was fine inside as i have a home made dew shield at the front and primary didnt have a drop.

Yes there was a heavy dew last night.

To resolve this problem I have -

Made a shield for the finder (80mm Stellarvue) out of Neoprene/Velcro

Always replace the cap on the finder eyepiece

Return individual EPs back into their case when changing EPs

Bought a 12v hairdryer which is run off a normal car jump start battery. The heat is not too great but it will clear any dew in about 30 seconds and you have no worries of getting an electric shock.

Mark

Archived