Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Suitable For Mirror Cleaning??

I should think that will be fine. I bought RO water at 0.15 per litre at Pets at Home and I bet you'd get it from any aquarium. worked well for me. do gently soak up the drops with the corner of a tissue though.

Ishould think any de-ionised water will do the job,or if you didn't have any then simply boil water then let it go cold that's just the same.just don't forget to let it cool though:D

Ishould think any de-ionised water will do the job,or if you didn't have any then simply boil water then let it go cold that's just the same.just don't forget to let it cool though:D

No -boiling precipitates out temporary hardness (carbonates) but not permanent hardness (sulphates, chlorides, nitrates etc).

Here is a decent, and cheap, technique for cleaning mirrors:

The important thing is that last rinse with distilled water so you leave no minerals behind on the mirror.

The thing I emphasize here is that you don't want the contact of the mirror with water to be a long process--no soaking!--because water reacts with aluminum.

But the video shows a simple, and short, and safe way of doing it, and that's all you need.

How often would you do it? If it's only dust on the mirror, simply blow off the dust and clean once a year.

But if, like me, your mirror develops a haze or film on it over time (from cooking odors, or sticky pollen, or smog, or whatever), you may need to do it more often. I clean mine 3 times a year.

Because the evidence is in that a clean mirror is far more reflective than a dirty mirror. Even very old coatings with a ton of dust average a 20-25% increase in reflectivity when cleaned. Why lose all the aperture when cleaning is really so easy?

Archived