Help please.

right sorry to bother u guys need a little advice, think im basically confirming my options.

ive got a scope on order with RVO (sky-watcher 200p on a eq5) but i need to confirm my order tomorow so it can be processed for delivery on tuesday am really looking forward to it lol.

anyway my question is this: im wanting to get into AP just as a starter and i have a budget of £400 for a scope, would like to be able to use it for planetary and dso's if poss and recomendations?

this is just me paneking weather ive made the right choice or not lol

stuart

the 200p is a great scope- you'll have a great time wth it - I made the choice for a DOB rather than an EQ and don't regret it at all - easy set up, storeage and transport.

I think - looking a long way down the line - I'd like to get into A/P but will get a completely different set up thats more suitable for purpose but will keep the Dob as my grab and go scope.

So - 200p great scope- go for it you won't regret it - choice is EQ or Dob -no right or wrong answer you'll have a great time with it either way.

From what I have read quite a number have gone down this route and have not been disappointed, you will have a few initial headaches, but thats par for the course in any new setup, now calm down and enjoy :)

for webcam work you should be fine. If you put a dslr on the back and go for dso's you may find it quite challenging. some people have got some product out of this combo so it is possible but it's a long way from optimal with this setup. I am not an imager myself (still trying to save the money) but I have found this book useful

First Light Optics - Making Every Photon Count - Steve Richards

This along with a look at what others are using has informed me of what sort of gear is easiest to use for a starter. Good luck with the scope

just a quick update scope arriving tomorow and have managed to get a xbox live webcam off ebay for £3.85, happy days, all will have left to do is mod the cam but have seen the instructions for that on the forums.

thanks for all your help guys much appreciated.

The scope will be great, I still have mine although it lives on a dob mount now - the EQ5 is holding up my Tal.

I will be interested how you get on with the web cam! I'm thinking of getting into this too, but it seems all the Philips SPC's have been snapped up now or are being sold for daft prices!

Doc

well scope hasnt turned up:-( not happy lol apparently its being delivered by Fedex i spoke to the guy at RVO and he said he would phone me back with a tracking number to see where it was, guess what no phone call, looks like i jinxed myself when i said cam would arrive first lol oh well another long day tomorow lol

well after a boody long wait the scope has finally turned up lol and what a beast it is too but am really pleased with it, all have to do now is wait for the cam to turn up. when i look at this new scope i just realised how much more learning i have to do so happy days (err nights i mean lol) ahead. thanks to all the guys that gave advice, much appreciated.

Archived