NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

20 hours on a little devil...

ollypenrice

NGC4559 again but this time with 6 hours of Ha to pick up a few spots denoting the star forming regions. So this midget of a target has had 20 hours of Yves' 14 inch ODK lavished on it. A focal length of 4 metres would have been a better idea! Still, it's been fun.

Olly

NGC4559-HaLRGB-20HRS-M.jpg

NGC4559-HaLRGB-CROP-XL.jpg

Good job Olly, it has added an extra dimension so to speak. I bet each of those Ha clouds are Orions of their own.

Doesn't that require a new camera to get to that resolution Yves?

Every tutorial I ever read suggested not going below 1 arc / sec/per pixel as its seeing conditions that cannot be achieved. Is this correct? Or do you mean down to 0.4, then bin, so effectively 0.8?

Tom.

Yes it requires a new camera ...

No not binning down, if you look for people using RC 17 and 20 inch they use big pixels, but they also end up around 0.5 ... it's in oversample domain but has as advantage that tools like deconvolution and unsharpen mask work better (don't ask me why ;))

And you really can go for the small stuff ...

Yves.

Yes it requires a new camera ...

No not binning down, if you look for people using RC 17 and 20 inch they use big pixels, but they also end up around 0.5 ... it's in oversample domain but has as advantage that tools like deconvolution and unsharpen mask work better (don't ask me why ;))

And you really can go for the small stuff ...

Yves.

Hmm the ODK 12" and 16" on the OO website show the ray tracing against a 10 micron square. Looking at that you'd be hard pressed to drop below about 8 micron before the CCD start's seeing differences in convergence. The KAI-11002 is 9um.

Will be an interesting experiment ;)

Archived