Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik16HR not reaching focus

Spikey

I'm not having a good night.

Atik16HR on the ED80 with an SX filter wheel in front of it. I'm not using a nosepiece on the 16HR, screwed straight into the FW.

It's easily with 55mm.

I can't reach focus with the focusser all the way out, extension tube required possibly ?

Sorted now, thanks very much. 50mm extension tube required, now the focusser decides to start slipping again. One last fiddle with that in the daytime again and see how long it lasts. Might have to be a steeltrack !

See why I'm always banging on about cheap Crayfords? I must say that the Steeltrack on the 14 inch is doing well and for me to say that (long history of abusing Crayfords) it must be good! The focuser is like the mount. It needs to be boringly effective and rather expensive.

Olly

Olly, You're right, I must have had the stock crayford off at least half a dozen times now and fully stripped out to bits twice.

It lasts for a while and then starts slipping again. It's such a pity as the rest of the scope is really good.

Was using the local trees as targets today.

Conclusion, the steel track is worth every penny & extensions tubes must be used with it.

Had a 80mm extension, 50mm extenstion, baader hyperion (using the 2" part) & then my dslr hanging off the back - nice & stable.

Archived